If you are looking for rural holidays in the UK you've come to the right place! When you stay in one of our self catering farm cottages at Barncrosh, you can share in the unique lifestyle that we enjoy.
You can enjoy exploring and observing rural life at close quarters. You can enjoy, too, all the facilities that help to give you the best possible experience during your Barncrosh farm holiday. These facilities are free of charge to our visitors.
- Gardens and woodland walk - spot the wild deer as you walk round the wood.
- Tennis court - excellent hard court.
- Two large trampolines and children's slides.
- Giant chess board
- Pixie house in its own garden - very safe for little children.
- Football area
- Adventure playground - ideal for children, with climbing tower and slide.
- Indoor games room - with darts, jigsaws, board games, table football and table tennis - great for children to play and make new friends.
- Fishing - we have two small fishing ponds, well stocked with brown trout and rainbow trout. Please bring your own rods and tackle. Fishing costs £10 per day or £5 for a half day. The first fish caught may be kept.
From the serious challenge of the mighty Merrick (southern Scotland's highest hill) to the coastal paths and forest trails, this is excellent walking country. Forest Enterprise have waymarked a number of forest walks.
Follow in the footsteps of Robert the Bruce, Lord of Galloway, in nearby Glen Trool - 'land of the mountain and the flood'. Visit the majestic castles of Drumlanrig (Thornhill), McLellan (Kirkcudbright) and Dunskey (Portpatrick) and the splendid ruined abbeys at Dundrennan and New Abbey (the romantic Sweetheart Abbey). Check out the museum at nearby Twynholm devoted to local hero and Formula One driver David Coulthard.
From the Barn visitors' book:
"10th consecutive year at Barncrosh and still things to see. Very enjoyable again." - Joyce and David, West Yorkshire.